At Monk and Partners our surveying team have a wealth of experience and knowledge within the South West Property market that spans over 3 decades and a combined experience of over 100 years in the local market.
Our Royal Institute of Chartered Surveying (RICS) team which is headed by David Monk MRICS has all the experience you will need when looking to have informed and balanced advice on a property purchase whether a first time buy, investment, second home, development or step up the property ladder.
Monk & Partners provides a range of property related services in Devon and Cornwall. Services include RICS Home Buyer Survey & Valuation reports – quick and efficient reporting covering all the main potential defects that affect the value of your proposed purchase including advice on value and insurance cover required.
This provides an overall opinion of the general condition of the property including:
- Major faults that affect value
- Urgent problems that need a specialist inspection
- Timber and damp defects
- Valuation and rebuild costs
Monk and Partners Survey options:
The RICS HomeBuyer Report (Survey & Valuation) – survey level two
Choose this report if you need more extensive information whilst buying or selling a conventional house, flat or bungalow, built from common building materials and in reasonable condition. It costs more than the Condition Report but includes:
- a list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the property;
- advice on repairs and ongoing maintenance;
- issues that need to be investigated to prevent serious damage or dangerous conditions;
- legal issues that need to be addressed before completing your purchase; and
- information on location, local environment and the recorded energy efficiency (where available).
- the surveyor’s professional opinion on the ‘market value’ of the property;
- an insurance reinstatement figure for the property;
- a list of problems that the surveyor considers may affect the value of the property;
Ask your surveyor for a detailed ‘Description of the RICS HomeBuyer (Survey & Valuation) Service’ leaflet.
The RICS Building Survey – survey level three
Choose the Building Survey (formerly called a structural survey) if you’re dealing with a large, older or run-down property, a building that is unusual or altered, or if you’re planning major works. It costs more than the other RICS reports because it gives detailed information about the structure and fabric of the property.
The RICS Building also includes:
- a more thorough inspection and detailed report on a wider range of issues;
- a description of visible defects and potential problems caused by hidden flaws;
- an outline of repair options and the likely consequences of inactivity; and
- advice for your legal advisers and details of serious risks and dangerous conditions.
The Monk & Partners Building Survey also includes a Valuation.
Also the surveyor will also be able to provide an estimate of costs for identified repairs if agreed with you in advance.
Ask your surveyor for a detailed ‘Description of the RICS Building Survey Service’ leaflet.
For a no obligation quote please use the contact page or call 01752255222.
We are also able to offer advice and guidance on the disposal of residential / commercial premises.
Did you know we also provide…
Why choose Monk and Partners?
Proud RICS Surveyors with decades of experience
Need a valuation or survey?
Or just have some questions?